Saturday, April 27, 2013

KCWC- PJ pants


This week is the bi-annual Kids Clothes Week Challenge (KCWC). The seasonal event used to be hosted by Elsie Marley on her blog, but now has its very own blog.  
 
At the moment I am busy making clothes for me, but as a nod to this fabulous celebration of sewing I thought I'd make a quick pair of PJ pants for Matilda. The event is hosted in the Northern Hemisphere, so most participants are sewing spring/summer gear, but here in Aus we are gearing up for winter.

Yesterday a friend dropped over with 3 big bags of hand me down clothes for Matilda. This t-shirt stood out as a great PJ top and worked perfectly with 1.5 yards pink polka flanellette I had in the stash. The remnant wasn't quite long enough to get a full length pair of pants, so I added a cuff to each leg from scraps and hid the seam with some thin navy ribbon.

No comments: