Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chair bag

Crazy week so far. Kids back at school... with one starting high school at a new campus 2km away. I've also started 6 months of full time study with pretty unfriendly school-hours time table.
Hopefully, once we all settle in over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to find some time to sew. But for now all I've been able to manage is one chair bag for George and taking in 4 school uniforms!
 
In case you have never seen these before, school kids slip chair bags over the backrest of their desk chair and they use it to store items like stationary and books.
 
You can buy them cheaply in pretty boring plasticky fabrics, but I always see it as a good opportunity to make something personalised and fun.
 
I used up 1/2 yard of Cammo drill (George's pick) to make this one.

No comments: