All week I have been working on this pattern, Butterick 5181. Its been on my to do list for a long long time. In fact last time I blogged about it I mentioned that I no longer really need a dress. But since I had cut it out I may as well sew it up.
I dutifully stitched up the muslin and noted some alterations to make in the proper version.
Even as I was sewing it I kept wondering if I would actually wear a 100% synthetic summer dress. I mean, if its hot enough to crack out the skimpy summer dress, its too hot to wear polyester!
The dress actually turned out to be a really cute little 50's number. Never would have picked that from the dress pattern! It fits pretty perfectly and looks nice on.
But its just not my style!
Oh well! I will call it a skills practice session, salvage the zipper and move on.
I used up 3 yards of fabric making this baby (1 yard muslin, 2 yards polyester stuff), so that feels good too!