I've just this very minute finished up my Vintage scrappy quilt. It was made from a layer cake using a tutorial by Missouri Quilt company called the Double Slice layer cake pattern. I blogged the quilt top here.
For the quilt back I stashed busted some 'low volume' fabrics. joining them with strips of left over scraps from the front.
I used some spots (big and small), text print (all from Spotlight or Textile Traders) and gorgeous storyboek organic woodland fabric by Birch fabrics (which, ironically, has a very unusual polyester feel to it!).
I stitched a large meandering loopy pattern all over the quilt
I did also try some ither quilting patterns out for practice, usually on the lighter colour fabric so it is hidden better but these two are out on all their glory on this piece of fabric.
I bound in some Alexander Henry Hearts. The finished quilt is 60"x80".
I have already blogged and included the quilt top on my SYST fabric tally. To piece the back and add the binding I used 5.5 yards of fabric from my stash.
This week I was also gifted a yard of pink cammo drill, which I actually don't really like or want, but nevertheless has been added to my stash. So as to be completely transparent and honest with you all I am reluctantly adding it to my SYST tally.