My husband admired this stripe back when I made this t-shirt for George. I used a bit more of it here and he mentioned, again, how he would like a t-shirt made from it. I got a bit side-tracked with quilts in the mean time, but today I finally decided to give it a go and use my new Coverpro before it started to collect dust.
I asked David to give me his favourite t-shirt and used it to carefully trace off a pattern. I thought this was better that road testing some commercial patterns. Men's patterns are pretty dire. And yes I had to cut the sleeves sideways on the fabric because I didn't have enough to cut it on the grain. David didn't even notice so I didn't mention it :)
I'm pretty happy with how similar the new shape compares with the original.
I just love the coverpro. I hadn't played with it since my first experiments 6 weeks ago so I was pretty nervous I had forgotten what to do. It didn't help that I had to rethread the machine with a different colour thread (it came already threaded up in white).
I meant to have the twin needle on the outside but accidentally put the wrong side of the garment through the machine!