I must admist I was really worried about how the romper would turn out. I am not the best at doing zippers, and I thought an invisible one into a stretch fabric would be a disaster. But as you can see it went in beautifully! The binding all worked out to neatly as well. Overall I am really really happy with how the outfit worked out and I had a really nice day working on this.
The romber has little decorative pockets on them... and somewhow I managed to get those attached at different levels. I had to unpick one and reattach it!
The top looks fairly straightfoward, just a simple inset sleeve. However, this one has press studs at the shoulder seams, which means the neckbinding had to go on before finishing the shoulders. Nothing too complicated, but just s different order to how I would noramlly sew a t-shirt so the pattern kept me on my toes! Otto patterns in general seem to add the binding before the seams get done. I makes it easier to attach the binding I guess, but I think it doesnt look as neat at the edges off the seams. Imuch prefer the finished product when the binding goes on last.
The pattern called for a "flatlock" stitch on the edge of the cuff ribbing. Which I am pretty sure I know how to do on my overlocker, but instead I just overlocked the edge of the cuff and stitched it on with the sewing machine- you can see the blue thread where I stiched it on. It would have looked nicer if I had used white thread. oooops.
The pattern also said to flatlock the neck bindings- but I decided to do a traditional twin row of stitching for the neck binding on the top (I didnt use a twin needle... just stitched two rows with a regualr needle)