The cuffs are just lovely, wide with a big fold up and three little buttons to do it up.
Anyway getting back to the Shearwater pattern. The main problem was the sleeves... they were too tight in the upper arm causing the whole bust area to feel tight, like I would rip the seams if I tried to do any stretching (like hang out my washing or pick up a child). The sleeves were also a tad too short. I am not tall by the way, and a pretty average size for my height etc. So I guess I was a bit disappointed that the loose kaftan style of the shearwater was too tight for me! Since I had enough fabric left over for new sleeves I decided to rip the originals out and and replace them with roomier ones.
What I did was this...The sleeve gets cut out on a fold of fabric, creating a sleeve front and back identical to each other. So I took the sleeve pattern piece and lay it about an inch away from the fold. Giving me another 2" of fabric through the middle of the sleeve. Now obviously this was going to make the curve at the top of the sleeve 2" bigger than the curve in the shoulder of the main bodice, so I ran gathering stitched along the top of the sleeve and added slight gathers to the sleeve top. You can see that in the pic below, where the sleeve balloons out slightly from the shoulder seam. It was easy to correct the short sleeve length, I just added a few inches to it when I was cutting out the new sleeves.