Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mabel in her "Which Way" Longies.






I am feeling rather blank when it comes to witty blog entry titles today ;) These longies were a custom order for a sweet little girl called Mabel (pictured). The pattern is mine, but they were actually knit up by my Mum. Thanks Mum! They are knit in 100% wool, using red, pink and cream 8 ply yarn. They have an elastic waistband. I am not sure if I have ever blogged this particular fair-aisle pattern before. I call it 'which way" due to the mirror image arrow design. I have worked out a way of adding a gusset and extra rows in the back without disrupting the fair-aisle pattern (this took me lots of pondering and trial runs). This is all to no avail as I have decided not to continue them as a regular tin whistle item. Maybe I should just sell the pattern instead... hmmm there is an idea!


5 comments:

Cyliebug said...

Milly you are just so good.

Yes, you should sell you pattern! Lol - not that I could knit to it though.....

Slender Octopus said...

They are fabulous...are they HANDKNITTED or knitted on a knitting machine??

Millipede said...

They are hand knitted.

Corrie said...

wow they are the best longies I've seen....sell the pattern sell the pattern I'd buy it!

love them!
Corrie:)

Sara said...

Milly, those longies are just fabulous. If you aren't going to make them, you really should consider selling the pattern. They are too beautiful not to be out there!